PDA

View Full Version : is it worth buying?

unimogfever
11-09-2009, 07:39 PM
found a RHD 1987 Defender 110 200TDI with LT77. New paint(white) 2 year ago. No rust at all, no dents, no patches, body is very straight, frame has no rust as well. Rebuilt Engine 2 years ago. transmission, front and read axles are a little bit wet but no drips. 2 brand new front seats. the problem I found is when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear or downshift from 3rd to 2nd, I can hear clunk noise it's like doing gear shifting without fully disengage the clutch. what problem it might be? any ideas? Clutch or Transmission problem? How much do you think it worth? I'll make him an offer soon (25K), but I wanna hear some advices from you experts. thanks

daveb
11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
seems like 25k should get you a newer truck than that up in your neck of the woods

found a RHD 1987 Defender 110 200TDI with LT77. New paint(white) 2 year ago. No rust at all, no dents, no patches, body is very straight, frame has no rust as well. Rebuilt Engine 2 years ago. transmission, front and read axles are a little bit wet but no drips. 2 brand new front seats. the problem I found is when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear or downshift from 3rd to 2nd, I can hear clunk noise it's like doing gear shifting without fully disengage the clutch. what problem it might be? any ideas? Clutch or Transmission problem? How much do you think it worth? I'll make him an offer soon (25K), but I wanna hear some advices from you experts. thanks

Terrys
11-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I agree with Dave, 25K is very high. If you're happy with RHD, you really ought to find (import) something much newer, up to '94 for you, for that kind of money. LT77s aren't a bad gearbox,but it, and even the R380, shouldn't be forced. Their synchro's life are greatly lengthened by double clutching.

unimogfever
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
thanks all! what will be a reasonable price?
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/jMPkjuM1jdcDE682wjenqQ?feat=directlink

Terrys
11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
What engine doess it have? If it's a 200Tdi, and frame and body truely are as good as you say, High teens, maybe 20K if it's reeeeeeeallly good