PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Original/Driver Series in New England

GrFa
11-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I previously did a frame up on a 71 IIA and never enjoyed it, it was too nice and not what I really wanted. I am looking for an original or driver quality series truck in the northeast. I am located in MA. I can also trade my good running/nice looking 78 MGB towards the right series. Post here or email me grw "take this out" ifa@aim.com . Thanks!

msggunny
11-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I previously did a frame up on a 71 IIA and never enjoyed it, it was too nice and not what I really wanted. I am looking for an original or driver quality series truck in the northeast. I am located in MA. I can also trade my good running/nice looking 78 MGB towards the right series. Post here or email me grw "take this out" ifa@aim.com . Thanks!

There is one up here just out side of Wiscassett Maine that has been sitting for a while. Dont really know the condition of it but i would be willing to check it out for you.

Its a IIA 109 with the pick up top and 3/4 tilt.

Check out Maine Craiglist too, there is a 63 88 on it too.

GrFa
11-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the tip. I was up in Wiscasset for Red's Eats this summer on a road/sailing/boat delivery trip. If you could grab some details I'd be interested.

I emailed the gentleman with the 63 88. He claims original paint and condition with 50k-ish original miles. However he did tell me the trans crossmember is rotted and needs to be replaced. Sounds fishy and a little pricey.

Terrys
11-14-2009, 06:02 PM
There is one up here just out side of Wiscassett Maine that has been sitting for a while. Dont really know the condition of it but i would be willing to check it out for you.

Its a IIA 109 with the pick up top and 3/4 tilt.
If you're talking about the one at Station House Auto,on Rt 1, just north of Wiscasset, Lime green if I recall, It's real nice, but I'm told by a friend in Union it's pretty pricey

msggunny
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
If you're talking about the one at Station House Auto,on Rt 1, just north of Wiscasset, Lime green if I recall, It's real nice, but I'm told by a friend in Union it's pretty pricey

Thats the one, i havent talked to the guy about it though. If its pricey he must think its made of gold!

GrFa
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Well I don't think I can afford one made of gold. Better scratch that one out. I've made so many inquiries on trucks for sale and hardly anyone has gotten back to me. I couldn't even set up going to see any this weekend. Maybe people are rethinking selling now that its getting chilly out?

msggunny
11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Well I don't think I can afford one made of gold. Better scratch that one out. I've made so many inquiries on trucks for sale and hardly anyone has gotten back to me. I couldn't even set up going to see any this weekend. Maybe people are rethinking selling now that its getting chilly out?

There is a guy selling a 109 MOD here on RN too, he is in Portland. There are a few around, you just have to look kinda hard.

Pete
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Someone just posted a 69 Bugeye on the for sale board that's located in ME. Also, there's a different 69 Bugeye in Cape Elizabeth. Both of them are on Galvanized frames. I don't know either of the guys selling but have checked out the one in cape and have pictures etc of that truck. Let me know if you are interestd in the info.

pgrosso@maine.rr.com

Pete

GrFa
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I was speaking to Bill in Portland about the exmod. Trying to go see it next week. It sounds like it need quite a bit of work. The red 69 bugeye I PMed the owner and I'm waiting for the details on it. Emailing you Pete about the other one.

GrFa
11-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually stumbled on a RR classic that I couldn't resist!