X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utahseries
    1st Gear
    • Apr 2009

Call me crazy

Some may call me crazy for this, but I figured that while I was putting a 2.25 in my 86, I might as well try and find an early s2 exhaust manifold. one that routes the exhaust through the fender and down under the driver's footwell. I know they are prone to cracking and things like that, but I just love those "old school cool" details. Any ideas where I can get my hands on one?
    Thanks
    1956 86" S1
    1957 88" S1
    1967 109" SIIA NADA
    2007 LR3
  • greasyhandsagain
    1st Gear
    • Oct 2009

Wise Owl sells reproductions of the Rare 2 litre IOE engine exhaust manifold. I have one, after having battled with a warped original for some time, and the new one has worked out very well. of course, Ive put it onto a 2 litre engine.

The exhaust manifold for a 2.25 is a totally different animal, and the two cannot be made to interchange.

Retro is fun, but I dont think you'd see any advantage with that type exhaust routing.

Comment

• NepentheSea
      Low Range
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by greasyhandsagain
      Retro is fun, but I dont think you'd see any advantage with that type exhaust routing.
      Unless youre thinking of off road clearance. Does routing it inside the frame keep it above the bottom line of the frame?
      I hate how the exhaust on mine is the lowest part, its trouble waiting to happen.
      Will
      '74 109 2.6 RHD

Comment

• east high
        3rd Gear
        • Jan 2008

Wait, what's going on? Am I on the wrong forum? Is someone wanting to put a Series part on a newer vehicle?

Probs too many beers tonight..
        '67 sIIa 88

Comment

• greasyhandsagain
          1st Gear
          • Oct 2009

The 2 litre exhaust goes under the frame at the front of the door also

Comment

• daveb
            5th Gear
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by east high
            Wait, what's going on? Am I on the wrong forum? Is someone wanting to put a Series part on a newer vehicle?

Probs too many beers tonight..

1. You are posting while intoxicated
            2. No
            3. No.
            4. Yup

(that's an 86 INCH, not a 1986...)

A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Comment

• NepentheSea
              Low Range
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by greasyhandsagain
              The 2 litre exhaust goes under the frame at the front of the door also
              Argh. what a bummer. Then I agree. I dont see much benefit either.
              Will
              '74 109 2.6 RHD

Comment

Working...