PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy

utahseries
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Some may call me crazy for this, but I figured that while I was putting a 2.25 in my 86, I might as well try and find an early s2 exhaust manifold. one that routes the exhaust through the fender and down under the driver's footwell. I know they are prone to cracking and things like that, but I just love those "old school cool" details. Any ideas where I can get my hands on one?
Thanks

greasyhandsagain
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Wise Owl sells reproductions of the Rare 2 litre IOE engine exhaust manifold. I have one, after having battled with a warped original for some time, and the new one has worked out very well. of course, Ive put it onto a 2 litre engine.

The exhaust manifold for a 2.25 is a totally different animal, and the two cannot be made to interchange.

Retro is fun, but I dont think you'd see any advantage with that type exhaust routing.

NepentheSea
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Retro is fun, but I dont think you'd see any advantage with that type exhaust routing.

Unless youre thinking of off road clearance. Does routing it inside the frame keep it above the bottom line of the frame?
I hate how the exhaust on mine is the lowest part, its trouble waiting to happen.

east high
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Wait, what's going on? Am I on the wrong forum? Is someone wanting to put a Series part on a newer vehicle?

Probs too many beers tonight..

greasyhandsagain
11-13-2009, 06:49 AM
The 2 litre exhaust goes under the frame at the front of the door also

daveb
11-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Wait, what's going on? Am I on the wrong forum? Is someone wanting to put a Series part on a newer vehicle?

Probs too many beers tonight..

1. You are posting while intoxicated
2. No
3. No.
4. Yup :)

(that's an 86 INCH, not a 1986...)

:) :) :)

NepentheSea
11-13-2009, 08:29 AM
The 2 litre exhaust goes under the frame at the front of the door also
Argh. what a bummer. Then I agree. I dont see much benefit either.