PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Spares in England, LHD ex mod 109s?

GrFa
11-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Land Rover Spares in England posted up 30, late series III 79-84, LHD ex mods for sale. They are asking 2995 pounds for them. Has anyone dealt with this company in particular and brought one over here? It is mighty tempting to bring a few over.

greenmeanie
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
With any ex MOD truck you have to very careful and spend some time inspecting in person, or at least with a trusted agent. They are very hit and miss as some, generally ex RAF will have lead a very sheltered life while others, typically Royal Marines, will have been driven in the sea and be rust buckets under the skin and yet others, typically paras, will have been dropped out of an aircraft and have cracked or bent chassis. Then there is the squaddie factor where not all driver's are created equal.

I wouldn't touch unless I had a good look.

GrFa
11-13-2009, 09:51 AM
It sounds like you bought one in the past?

Bertha
11-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Land Rover Spares in England posted up 30, late series III 79-84, LHD ex mods for sale. They are asking 2995 pounds for them. Has anyone dealt with this company in particular and brought one over here? It is mighty tempting to bring a few over.

Dont even think of going down that road:nono:

daveb
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
at that price you'll be in it for $6500 each at a minimum by the time you get them here. You'll be lucky to get any more than that for them here unless there is something very unique about them or they are in unusually good condition.

amcordo
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm going to promote the opposite of everyone else. I've never purchased one from GB, but series rovers in any condition aren't going to get any easier to find as the years go on. The more rovers brought over the pond to the colonies the merrier!

GrFa
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
So I take that to mean you would like one? I envision loading a container with a few of them to get a "group rate". I figure it would be worthwhile if we could purchase and get them on US soil for less than $5000 each.

I'm going to promote the opposite of everyone else. I've never purchased one from GB, but series rovers in any condition aren't going to get any easier to find as the years go on. The more rovers brought over the pond to the colonies the merrier!

amcordo
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Ha I do want more. But I can't have more.

I just meant to give you some encouragement to bring more over because I may want one in the future. Supply and demand: the more rovers over here the lower the price!

So I take that to mean you would like one? I envision loading a container with a few of them to get a "group rate". I figure it would be worthwhile if we could purchase and get them on US soil for less than $5000 each.