PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!

ccurren
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
A while back my pop purchased a Series III that a guy tore down and didn't know how to put back together. Over the last couple months we have put everything together and it works great. The problem comes with the title. It has a salvage title. When we tried to get it instpected by the Ohio State Patrol they wanted receipts for the new galvanized frame (which the old owner bought and doesn't have) and all other parts that were put on. Currently we have a beautiful Series III and no way to drive it. Any suggestions?

amcordo
11-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Ah. problem. Can you ask the previous owner where he got the parts at? Maybe you can get receipts then...

Rebuilt Salvage Titles
After you make the necessary repairs to bring your vehicle into working condition, you will need to obtain a rebuilt salvage title.

The first step in this process is to have it inspected at an inspection facility run by the Ohio State Highway Patrol (scroll down that page for addresses).

Before making the inspection appointment, stop by a deputy registrar's branch to pick up an inspection form and pay the required fee. Your clerk will then give you a receipt number. You'll need that number when you are scheduling the appointment to have your vehicle inspected.

The Inspection
Make sure to bring any receipts for repairs and new parts with you to the inspection, along with the salvage title. If you have receipts from private-party sales, they will need to be notarized.

Keep in mind that the purpose of the inspection is to certify the ownership of all the vehicle parts and to review all the required documentation. It is not a judgment on the vehicle's safety, or the quality of work performed.

If your vehicle passes the inspection, take the completed inspection form and your salvage title to a title office and apply for the rebuilt salvage title. Once you obtain that, your vehicle is legal to be driven on highways.

amcordo
11-13-2009, 11:14 AM
If you have receipts from private-party sales, they will need to be notarized.

Just reread your post. Actually, it looks like you need to notarize the sale from the PO to your pop. Technically, your dad bought the galvanized frame and other parts off of the PO (a private-party) and then assembled it all himself - so all he needs according to the regulations on the state highway webpage (see my quote above) is the receipt for that notarized.

A while back my pop purchased a Series III that a guy tore down and didn't know how to put back together. Over the last couple months we have put everything together and it works great. The problem comes with the title. It has a salvage title. When we tried to get it instpected by the Ohio State Patrol they wanted receipts for the new galvanized frame (which the old owner bought and doesn't have) and all other parts that were put on. Currently we have a beautiful Series III and no way to drive it. Any suggestions?

TJR
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
A while back my pop purchased a Series III that a guy tore down and didn't know how to put back together.

So .. they got the whole thing apart BEFORE realizing that they couldn't reassemble it? Now that's funny.:)

I will admit take careful notes or pictures during d'assy is a big help!

ccurren
11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Sounds great - thanks for the info! Pop moved from OH to FL so it is my rover now and I really want to get it on the road.

amcordo
11-13-2009, 02:19 PM
What area of Ohio are you in? I've only ever seen one other Series rover here!

Sounds great - thanks for the info! Pop moved from OH to FL so it is my rover now and I really want to get it on the road.

Bertha
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
This site:
http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

and $150.00 is all you will need. Dont waste anymore effort going the other route. Start from scratch and don't use the current title.