PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Land Rover Series III

jjacumin
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Wife is giving me a hard time about the toys, price reduced $9,000.00 OBO.

It is reliable enough to use as a daily driver and a lot of fun to drive. I drive truck about 3 days a week to work 8 miles each way. Extras: Fairley Overdrive, galvinised roof rack with ladder, jerry cans, lockable center console tuffy box, CD player with removeable face, water proof speakers, extra seat cushions, extra wheel with mounted tire (not one on hood), hand crank, Hi-lift Jack, checkered plating on fenders and running rails, mount to attach to front and tow, tow attachment that can be hooked up to a class III hitch, headlight and taillight guards, new center facing bench seats in rear, and heat shield roof. Truck will run 65mph all day long. I have replaced all of the tumblers in the doors and igition so you can lock things up, new rear axle, new alternator, new fan belt, just replaced the wheel cylinders and old brake lines with stainless steal ones, heater works well and I just replaced the blower fan with a metal one. It also has a cold weather start in the cab to help warm up the engine. Top is removable and tons of fun to drive around when weather is permitting. It also has a tailgate to use when the top is off. Purchased tires a year and half ago and tread will last a long time. Truck shifts smoothly in and out of all gears, 4 wheel drive included. The entire interior has been sprayed with a black rubber, similar to a "rhino-liner", and can be washed out with a hose if needed. I imported this truck from Utah so any rust on the frame is minimal and all superficial.

Located in Charleston, SC