PDA

View Full Version : Marshall body on a 110 frame

d90user
11-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello All,
I was directed here for help answering a question. I am picking up a 1980 109 ambulance Marshall body and plan to graft it on a 110 chassis.
What am I looking at in terms of problems?

So far I'm:
I'm using a series III windscreen.
Changing the door catches to fit my doors (defender style)
Rear cross member extensions (is this just a quick weld or...?)
Wheel well trimming?

I do need help on the fuel filler, I want to continue to use my rear 110 tank as well. Is there any obstruction to the body on the RH side in the rear quarter? What filler to use... any suggestions?

What else?

Also if anyone has some photos of an ambulance body off the frame or any other helpful photos I would be eternally grateful.

cheers!
ssfrancis (at) gmail (dot) com

JimCT
11-21-2009, 01:07 PM
For all the work I think involved you might be better off finding a 110 ambulance body.

d90user
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Really?
I dont think it will be that bad? Plus... I already committed to buy.
this big difference (besides price) is that a 109 Ambulance body will fit in a shipping container, 110/130 will not. We travel with the truck.

What are the major problems you are thinking of?

BTW... do you have a trailer hitch on you Ambulance (avatar). Is it mounted to the rear crossmember or does it have an extension?

JimCT
11-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Just guessing that all the dimensions and attachment points will be different enough to be annoying. I built this hitch that bolts through the rear military crossmember and just clears the ambulance body

d90user
11-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I could be wrong but I think most of the body attachments are the same?
I thought the ambulance frame was the same as other 109 frames?

Thanks for the info on the hitch, I think mine will work.

yorker
11-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Really?
I dont think it will be that bad? Plus... I already committed to buy.
this big difference (besides price) is that a 109 Ambulance body will fit in a shipping container, 110/130 will not. We travel with the truck.

What are the major problems you are thinking of?

BTW... do you have a trailer hitch on you Ambulance (avatar). Is it mounted to the rear crossmember or does it have an extension?

Where are you located? there are already tons of LR Ambulance bodies in the USA that are being scrapped or used as storage boxes because many people bought ambulances because they were lowuse low MPG trucks and then removed the ambulance body and turned them into regular 109s here.

d90user
11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
i am on the west coast (CA). I heard about the RN ambulance thing. I have a line on a good 1980 over on this side of the country. So that part is taken care of.
Could be interested in some of the interior bits if you have them though.

yorker
11-22-2009, 02:05 PM
You could contact Ike Goss- he is on the left coast and I think had some ambulance parts a while back.