PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Problem??

gnar1020
11-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone and thanks for your help a head of time.

I have a 1966, 88, and I was driving about a week ago, every thing was fine and then all of a sudden the vehicle started to die. It finely shut off and would not start. I have an inline fuel filter which is clear and I noticed that no fuel was getting in the filter which is past the fuel pump. I put fuel in the tanks to make sure there was gas and primed the pump, but no fuel would shoot out of the pump. I replaced the fuel pump with a new one, but that did not solve the problem. What could be the problem? Clogged line or pick up tube? If the pick up tube is the problem how do you clean that out? Thanks for your help.

cheers

badvibes
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
To pull the pick up tube remove the cover under the passenger seat. Remove the screws and pull the pickup tube out. When I did mine I blew it out with compressed air and thought that was good enough but it wasn't. I took some soft wire I had and ran a piece thru the tube and got chunks of crud out of the tube. I fashioned a brass screen over the end of the pickup tube and cinched it down with a few wraps of wire. All was good from that point on.

Jeff