X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingSlug
    1st Gear
    • Oct 2006

Tiny bubbles....

Well the ambulance started bucking at the top-end, I figure fuel filter or related (much experince with this and rovers). Well I replaced the Delco filter and fuel bowl seal next to my Rochester, clean the fuel pump bowl and install fresh seal (usual culprit); still getting bubbles coming into the Delco fuel bowl. Next wrap teflon tape around all fittings and double clamp all hoses 180 out; still bubbles. I can't hear any sucking sounds immediately after shut down.

So is there anyway to look for air leaks into a fuel system? Suspects: fuel pump, MOD tap, fittings behind fuel pump.

Jared
    Visit The Wandering Hippo (my 109 S2A Ambulance).
  • coyoteair
    Low Range
    • Nov 2009

I have been having the same problem with my rover in peru. Finally figured out that it was crap in the tank plugging the fuel pick up tube. Because of where I was I had to cut it off shorter to keep it from sucking from the bottom, but you might try flushing out your tank
    Dirk
    63 IIA 88
    64 IIA 109
    73 III 109 V*
    85 Defender90 300tdi

Comment

• bmohan55
      4th Gear
      • Sep 2008

Have you checked the lines themselves? A portion of mine were so rotted that air seeped thru them like a weep hose in a garden, which also clogged up the fuel pump.
      04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
      '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Comment

• KingSlug
        1st Gear
        • Oct 2006

It was the fuel selector tap, the cork gasket was totally gone. I dont know how it was selecting between the tanks. Now to find the gasket or a pattern. Right now I am just sucking from one tank.

Jared

Comment

• KingSlug
          1st Gear
          • Oct 2006

It was the fuel selector tap, the cork gasket was totally gone. I dont know how it was selecting between the tanks. Now to find the gasket or a pattern. Right now I am just sucking from one tank.

Jared

Comment

Working...