PDA

View Full Version : Tiny bubbles....

KingSlug
11-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Well the ambulance started bucking at the top-end, I figure fuel filter or related (much experince with this and rovers). Well I replaced the Delco filter and fuel bowl seal next to my Rochester, clean the fuel pump bowl and install fresh seal (usual culprit); still getting bubbles coming into the Delco fuel bowl. Next wrap teflon tape around all fittings and double clamp all hoses 180 out; still bubbles. I can't hear any sucking sounds immediately after shut down.

So is there anyway to look for air leaks into a fuel system? Suspects: fuel pump, MOD tap, fittings behind fuel pump.

Jared

coyoteair
11-25-2009, 10:23 AM
I have been having the same problem with my rover in peru. Finally figured out that it was crap in the tank plugging the fuel pick up tube. Because of where I was I had to cut it off shorter to keep it from sucking from the bottom, but you might try flushing out your tank

bmohan55
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Have you checked the lines themselves? A portion of mine were so rotted that air seeped thru them like a weep hose in a garden, which also clogged up the fuel pump.

KingSlug
11-26-2009, 09:52 AM
It was the fuel selector tap, the cork gasket was totally gone. I dont know how it was selecting between the tanks. Now to find the gasket or a pattern. Right now I am just sucking from one tank.

Jared

KingSlug
11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
It was the fuel selector tap, the cork gasket was totally gone. I dont know how it was selecting between the tanks. Now to find the gasket or a pattern. Right now I am just sucking from one tank.

Jared