PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Roverdrive installation

tmckeon88
11-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I got a new Roverdrive unit and am trying to get it installed- it's Saturday so I can't call the company. I have the unit in and the lever installed but the linkage won't budge - also my low range lever is stuck. Anyone done one of these installations? do I have a problem with the first gear I installed? If the low range lever doesn't turn I wonder if the whole thing is not meshed correctly. I have a IIA 88 with a rebuilt Rovers North transmission. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Also thanks with the all the suggestions on the gas gauge/temp gauge problem. Still waiting to sort that out.

Thanks,
Tom

Nium
11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Try rocking the Landy forward and backward a little. Then try the gear levers again. If you have the rig up on stands then try turninng the driveshaft by hand, then try the gear levers.

tmckeon88
11-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks, but some other bad things have happened since then - I removed the unit and found the bronze synchro gear was not meshed correctly and in fooling with the selector level something popped loose so I'm afraid it's going to have to go back to Vancouver. I'm not sure where this little semicircular spring goes. i'll have to call Roverdrive on Monday and get their views, then probably ship it back to make sure it gets fixed right. :mad:

It amounted to five hour oil changr for the transfer case. Better luck next time, I guess -

Tom