PDA

View Full Version : More problems!!!

castlerover
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
First of all I am an idiot! Now thats out of the way, my 1967 2.25 gas truck (http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/#) died the other week. I figured out it was a bad fuel pump. I started to change out the old fuel pump, but when I did that, I forgot to unhook the battery, when putting in the new pump I hit a wire that was not taped or connected to anything. It sparked and now the truck will not start. The battery light comes on green and my wipers, heater and head lights work, but when I turn the key nothing at all happens, no crank, no nothing.

What could be the problem? I am not using an electric distrib and as far as I know it is the original starter. What could be the problem, starter, solanoid, ??????. Thanks for all of your help!

Cheers

scott
11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
check the wires coming from the back of the starter button. should have 12v going in and then a wire that goes to the solenoid. may one of these fried.

SafeAirOne
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
What color(s) is the wire that sparked?

Did you check your fuses to make sure one of 'em isn't blown?

castlerover
11-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Both fuses were fine. I believe the wire which I hit was all black. Do you think it is just a wire issue or do you believe it is a blown solenoid or blown starter. Thanks for the help.

leafsprung
11-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Depending on which starter circuit you have, there may not be a solenoid in your starting system. Start by testing the starter and work your way back through the circuit. A little troubleshooting goes a long way toward determining the problem.

-Ike