PDA

View Full Version : 95 Range Rover Classic

Ruger1022
12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
For Sale. Needs new suspension. Has not run for 2 years. Body in good condition. . My headache is your gain. Have pics. BRO. email: michemes2@verizon.net

kevin-ct
12-05-2009, 07:22 AM
For Sale. Needs new suspension. Has not run for 2 years. Body in good condition. Has not run for 2 years. My headache is your gain. $3500.

$3500? Buddy, Thats a lot of money. I'm trying to sell a 95 RRC that runs drives and everthing works for $2500 and no one's calling.

Paul Grant
12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Yup, Kevin's right. A non running 15 year old truck is most definitely not worth $3500. If someone offers you a grand take the money and run, do not walk, to the bank.

57loboy
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
But he has a '94 LWB for sale for $2500 too.. http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8394

Ruger1022
12-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Thank you for the input. I really had no idea what people would be willing to pay. For a $1k, they may as well rot in my yard.

Paul Grant
12-13-2009, 02:27 PM
You have to be realistic with what you are selling and where you are posting your ads.

First, you are on a board dominated by enthusiasts who know these vehicles and their problems all too well. Posting in the Bargain News or Craigslist might get you someone who has limited or no knowledge of what ownership of one of these trucks can be like.

Second, you are asking $3500 for a truck that doesn't run and needs a new suspension. The fact that it doesn't run makes it impossible to make an honest assessment of the vehicle. Since it won't run under its own power a potential buyer could only speculate about important issues like the condition of the viscous coupling in the transfer case, the condition of the transmission, the condition of the front and rear differentials, the condition of the engine itself, the list goes on and on.

I have bought well over a dozen '95 RRC's in the last few years and without being able to drive one, I would have no idea what I was getting myself into. And, I can tell you that I would never pay more than $500 for a non runner. In fact, only two months ago I purchased a non running 1995 Anniversary Edition LWB (one of 250 made) with 81K on the odometer for $400.

Granted, there are buyers out there that may not be as careful as I am and there is that old saying about there being an A$$ for every seat but expecting anywhere near what you are asking is wildly optimistic.

So, you can let it rot in your yard (non running vehicles like these do not increase in value over time like some fine wines) or you can sell it for a fair price to an enthusiast who may actually have the resources and ability to breath new life into a weary old truck.

Take my advise for what it's worth to you and good luck with the sale of your Rovers.