PDA

View Full Version : Fairey Overdrive

bronsonarlo
12-09-2009, 11:13 AM
What does a used good condition Fairey Overdrive go for?

KevinNY
12-09-2009, 11:34 AM

east high
12-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Be careful when buying a used overdrive. I got skunked on mine. It 'worked' but sounded like a wailing banshee whether it was engaged or not. I sent it down to George and he said it the whole mess was garbage. Luckily I didn't spend too much on it.

As always, buyer beware when purchasing used equipment.

scott
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
i've got a fairey o/d and the only reason i would get rid of it would be cuz it ain't working. i would like a pto but given i do more hwy driving than farming i'll stick w/ an o/d.

so if the seller of a used o/d tells you he removed it to put on a pto to run a mower or combine you might be getting one that is worth $500 to $700. or it might be that it was working but the rest of the truck wasn't and he/she is parting out

TedW
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Seller is Tallgypsy (aka Rocky Mtn.)
Price is around $1,000 postpaid (IIRC) for last year's model - apparently the lever throw is a bit longer than the newer ones.

Seems like a good deal for a new, modern unit.

Bertha
12-10-2009, 06:55 AM
I sent it down to George and he said it the whole mess was garbage. .

I had the same thing happen to me on the o/d I sent down to him. A friend also had the same experience. We both couldn't understand how a guy that claims to remanufacture o/d wouldn't be able to repair a seemingly complete one. Quite frankly I would have ponnied up for a new one, but he didn't have those either. Don't get me wrong, George is a great guy, but I don't understand the overdrive portion of his business.

KevinNY
12-10-2009, 07:54 AM
The issue is that if they are run dry too long the case gets ruined and it's no longer practical cost wise to rebuild.