PDA

View Full Version : SW gas gauge sender unit

lrover109
12-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I just recieved one of the replacement sender units for a rear mounted tank in my 5 door and wanted to check to make sure that I am doing it right before installing it

I connected the two pieces - the one with the float and the upper piece that mounts to the tank - with the two small c clips that were included but seems like they can slide quite a bit

1. Should I bend the ends of each of the rods so the c clips can not slide off?
2. How do I calibrate / adjust it so that F=full and E=empty

LaneRover
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I just recieved one of the replacement sender units for a rear mounted tank in my 5 door and wanted to check to make sure that I am doing it right before installing it

I connected the two pieces - the one with the float and the upper piece that mounts to the tank - with the two small c clips that were included but seems like they can slide quite a bit

1. Should I bend the ends of each of the rods so the c clips can not slide off?
2. How do I calibrate / adjust it so that F=full and E=empty

You measure the distance between the top of the tank and the bottom and make the distance between the sender unit and the float that long. You can shorten it a little if you want a 'reserve'.

If that gets a bit confusing (with needing to take in the depth of the unit and so on, you can just clip it together, slip it in and see if it hits the bottom at all - then adjust til it just barely touches. THEN make it last.

When I did mine years ago I soldered the clips onto the rods. Putting a little bend in on each side of the clips would do nearly the same thing.

lrover109
12-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks will knock it out tonight