PDA

View Full Version : 1982 series 3 109 RHD

series 3 guy
12-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi all. Looks like I am having to VERY reluctantly sell my Landy.

She is a 1982 SIII 109. I have owned this truck for 12 years and she has been like a bst friend. We have traveled the entirety of Europe including Russia. She has done Africa top to bottom twice and is a very reliable truck.She has been featured in Land Rover enthusiast mag twice and Land Rover monthly several as well. She is Curently located in Tacoma Washington.

I am looking for a fair price for her. Nothing outlandish. An enthusiast will know what they have in this truck and what it's true worth is. So please PM me with a reasonable offer.She has been imported to the USA when I moved over in the early spring. She has a very clear title from washington state.Passed the dreaded epa,DOT and dept of agriculture tests for Washington. The Washington State parol inspected her and she passed with flying colours. EVERYTHING works including the heater.
She has the following..
-New Galv Chassis from Richards in the UK
-New rocky mountain Parabolics
-Brownchurch roof rack
-Hanibal roof tent
-high lift jack with swingaway rear tire carrier.
-light guards all the way around
-Mantec Snorkle
-New Wolf Rims with Michelin XZL's x 5
-HI Back defender cloth seats
-Fairey overdrive
-EPI9 Superwinch with a 150' of plasma line and appropriate fairlead
-rocky mountain grill
-recent top end rebuild.Not due to mechanical failure but as preventitive maintenace.
-Rear Diff rebuild.Maintenance
-2.25 petrol.
-new radiator,starter,alternator 5k on these items
-new clutch.5k on that
-Defender light surrounds with defender head lamps.

The list can go on and on but I'm affraid I will take up the entire web site if I do.LOL.
Here are some pics.

series 3 guy
12-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Here is a bit more. I will post up the interior pic's soon. The interior is very good and the safari top has ZERO leaks.

Thanks for looking-Andrew

series 3 guy
12-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Here is a tad more......still looking for the good ones.

Terrys
12-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Andy, you are SO gonna regret it, apart from having to change your sig line on LRO. Get out and pimp yourself.

series 3 guy
12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Andy, you are SO gonna regret it, apart from having to change your sig line on LRO. Get out and pimp yourself.

Hi Terry! I have considered pimping myself but I have found out that I am having to pay people when it should be the other way around.:eek:

I know I will regret it. But a new house and a Baby on the way is something I should put priority to. I also know that there is not another truck like this in all of North America and I will miss her more than I can say.

say....it seems to me that you and your son havn't purchased a Landy in while. Looks to me you might be getting bored with all your completed projects?????? Want a new addition to your stable of fine Landy's?:thumb-up:

msggunny
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
My condolences.

Hope you win the lotto and dont have to sell her, my heart breaks for you.

Terrys
12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
say....it seems to me that you and your son havn't purchased a Landy in while. Looks to me you might be getting bored with all your completed projects?????? Want a new addition to your stable of fine Landy's?:thumb-up: HA! That's what you and my wife think. I sold my 109 a few weeks ago, just finished my '64 88, and am off to look at another this weekend. You know my feelings on paying transporters, but If you were on the correct side of the US, your's would be most welcome here (and available when you wanted it back) Colin has 2 Landies up in Alaska, in addition to his BMW bike, and another BMW bike here. He's the one with the money, so I sent him an email. It started something like this "Hey Colin, you are not going to believe who's selling his truck......." Hell, he's a damn sight closer to you than I am, not to mention he flies down there on his big while bird pretty regularly. All he's gotta do is lower that taildoor and back her in.

series 3 guy
12-15-2009, 05:01 PM
HA! That's what you and my wife think. I sold my 109 a few weeks ago, just finished my '64 88, and am off to look at another this weekend. You know my feelings on paying transporters, but If you were on the correct side of the US, your's would be most welcome here (and available when you wanted it back) Colin has 2 Landies up in Alaska, in addition to his BMW bike, and another BMW bike here. He's the one with the money, so I sent him an email. It started something like this "Hey Colin, you are not going to believe who's selling his truck......." Hell, he's a damn sight closer to you than I am, not to mention he flies down there on his big while bird pretty regularly. All he's gotta do is lower that taildoor and back her in.
LOL...Thank's terry. If someone wanted to buy her I would hope it's someone like Colin or yourself.
Besides...if the price we agreed on was good enough I would pay for the transporter to you. LOL....am I making it any more appealing??? Hmmm? LOL

Thank's Terry-Andrew

series 3 guy
12-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Willing to make the deal of a lifetime...just pm or email me and lets make a deal!-Andy:thumb-up:

Les Parker
12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey there,

So how did you get the statues from the front of Buk Palace on the roof rack? (middle pic of the 2nd set of photos)
Cant remember seeing on the news about them being "perloined" !
Nice truck, best of luck with the sale.

series 3 guy
12-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I regret to inform you that the truck has been sold.:(

Terrys
12-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I regret to inform you that the truck has been sold.:(
I've lowered my Land Rover flag to half mast.:(