PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Proline Petrol Fuel Senders?

brucejohn
12-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I recently received a Proline negative earth petrol fuel sender that has two male flat blade electrical connections rather than one, labeled 'W' and 'T', respectively. Anyone know the correct wiring for these?

Les Parker
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Hello there,

The "W" is for a low fuel warning lamp, the "T" is for the transmitter wire to the guage on the dash.
Hope this assists.

:)

scott
12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
wiring the "Oh Crap! I need gas light" is easy. put a small 12v light on the dash insulated from the dash, run one wire to the sending unit "w" the other to a wire that's hot when the ign is on. when you get down to about a gallon or two the the light will turn on to remind you to look at the gauge that's reading near empty which is suppose to remind you to buy more gas. or you could drive barefoot and put alligator clips on these two wire and then clip them to the skin between you toes and the little tingle in your foot will remind ya it's time to gas up.

brucejohn
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello there,

The "W" is for a low fuel warning lamp, the "T" is for the transmitter wire to the guage on the dash.
Hope this assists.

:)

Thanks Les! =)

wiring the "Oh Crap! I need gas light" is easy drive barefoot and put alligator clips on these two wire and then clip them to the skin between you toes and the little tingle in your foot will remind ya it's time to gas up. [edited for brevity]

Scott-
Thanks for the, ah, suggestion. I may leave that for another time. =0