PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle Trim

bronsonarlo
12-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I am looking into getting a Lasalle headliner and wanted to get some opinions. Anyone own there products or have seen them? Thanks.

http://www.lasalle-trim.co.uk/

greenmeanie
12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I am looking into getting a Lasalle headliner and wanted to get some opinions. Anyone own there products or have seen them? Thanks.

http://www.lasalle-trim.co.uk/

I've got one in my 88 and I'm putting one in a 109 trop top. They are durable, don't tear like the original and are well made. They have the advantage that if the white colour gets really dirty you can just rattle can them. Fitting is pretty simple although you may have to fettle them a wee bit due to the tolerances on a Rover roof. Oh, and if you feel lucky you can even get one with a convenient radio mount.

If you are doing a trop top cutting the holes for the alpine windows is a pain. On mine it was easy as I had removed these windows to replace the seals. In the long run that may be the easiest method.

Put 1/2" foil faced insulation glued to the inside of the rood for a better sound and temperature insulation.

THey screw to the inside rim of the galvanized gutter on the roof so, unless you get creative, you'll lose the headache pads.

bronsonarlo
12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I've got one in my 88 and I'm putting one in a 109 trop top. They are durable, don't tear like the original and are well made. They have the advantage that if the white colour gets really dirty you can just rattle can them. Fitting is pretty simple although you may have to fettle them a wee bit due to the tolerances on a Rover roof. Oh, and if you feel lucky you can even get one with a convenient radio mount.

If you are doing a trop top cutting the holes for the alpine windows is a pain. On mine it was easy as I had removed these windows to replace the seals. In the long run that may be the easiest method.

Put 1/2" foil faced insulation glued to the inside of the rood for a better sound and temperature insulation.

THey screw to the inside rim of the galvanized gutter on the roof so, unless you get creative, you'll lose the headache pads.

Do you have any pictures? There website isn't the best. Thanks, Michael