PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase emissions control parts

MarcL
12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
My '03 Disco is down due to a torn RH rocker cover to plenum chamber hose, and a broken plastic grommet that connects the hose to the plenum chamber. I bought the hose tonight from Land Rover North Scottsdale, went to put it on, and the plastic grommet snapped in two. It's been trashed for a while but I didn't realize how bad. The old hose was saturated with oil, so it also appears that the rocker cover breather tube (the one with the integrated oil separator) is probably shot and needs to be replaced.

My problem is I'm having difficulting finding the part numbers for these two parts. I can't find anything in the shop manual regarding the breather tube, other than how the crankcase emissions control design functions. I can't even find reference to the little plastic grommet that the hose hooks up to. The dealer is closed on the weekends and I don't know who else would carry specialized parts like these. Would anyone from Rovers North or anyone on the forum happen to have the part numbers for these two parts?

Ideally I'd prefer a metal part that would screw into the plenum, simply from a reliability standpoint, but I'd settle for about anything at this point.

Thanks in advance, appreciate any help anyone can provide..