PDA

View Full Version : Memory seat bypass

Ex-Pat
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
As my seat / mirror ECU has given up the ghost finally I want to bypass it and wire like the passenger ( Non Memory ) seat

Has anyone done this ? If so can you let me know how it went and save me the brain strain of figuring it out for myself

Thanks

kevin-ct
12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
As my seat / mirror ECU has given up the ghost finally I want to bypass it and wire like the passenger ( Non Memory ) seat

Has anyone done this ? If so can you let me know how it went and save me the brain strain of figuring it out for myself

Thanks

Does the ECU need a new battery?

Ex-Pat
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Worked fine ( but no memory ) until i had the seat recovered now will not reset just moves the mirrors. New battery tried, switch cleaned etc.

kevin-ct
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Worked fine ( but no memory ) until i had the seat recovered now will not reset just moves the mirrors. New battery tried, switch cleaned etc.

Have you looked for a bad wire connection or a pinched wire?

Sorry for not answering you about how to bypass the system.

I would say it's a plug connector that's not fully pushed in or the person that recovered the seats may have snipped a wire. I have done that when removing the wire ties

Ex-Pat
12-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I was going to check the connectors when I take the seat out to bypass but think I am gonna have to go the bypass route

I had not thought about the upholsterers underside work, I was too busy admiring topside.....Good Idea

jimsshuman
12-23-2009, 08:23 AM
i haven't bypassed the memory function yet but i did take out the ecu and controllers and i think to do it easily you will need another non memory seat control. i believe the standard 8 pin plug from the truck plugs into the ecu and then a different style plug from the memory control plugs into the ecu. therefore if you get another non memory seat control it will plug into the standard non memory 8 pin plug on the truck.
at least this is what i remember currently. what i do know is that the memory seat control has a different style plug than the non memory version. the memory seat control only works control current with more than 8 wires where as the non memory seat control carries full operating current with 8 wires exactly.

maybe this helps a little