PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Removal/ Rust proofing inside of frame

swray
12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
65 IIA. Any tips/tricks for removing this for new paint? Also looking for info on spraying inside of frame with Waxoyl. I have read that you dont need to drill holes but instead can simply use factory holes.

KevinNY
12-24-2009, 08:01 AM
It's pretty straightforward, bolts on the bottom and sides of the breakfast. You just need to disconnect the wiring and drain the radiator first.

sailtech
12-24-2009, 10:48 AM
You should probably count on replacing the fixing plates with the captive bolts that connect the wing to the breakfast. They tend to rust.

sailtech
12-24-2009, 10:52 AM
You might as well replace the three rubber buffer pads that go under the breakfast, too.

BobJones
07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
You might as well replace the three rubber buffer pads that go under the breakfast, too.

Ok sorry for naive questions. First, is the the breakfast the same as the bulkhead? and what rubber buffer pads, I just refurbed my bulkhead and never saw any rubber pads. Should there be some installed before I'm done?

feildpickedrover
07-02-2010, 01:30 AM
if im correct, the breakfast is the area holding the grille/radiator between the wings(as well as holding the headlights on 2a) i need to remount mine because the mounting plates are loose/broken and i think raise the wings a bit as theres about a .5-1 inch gap between the hood, and top of the wings when hood is flush with the breakfasts top, but its pretty much flush in the back, so im thinking they are sitting too low at the breakfast

crankin
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes. the breakfast is the metal piece that holds the grille and raditor.

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/images/Product/medium/RNF577.JPG

and there are three buffers (rubber pieces) under it.

And feildpickedrove, you can try and try to remove that gap between the wings and hood...but it will never go away. its built in from the factory that way. ;)