PDA

View Full Version : Temp Reads Wrong

vansdonk
12-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Ok, so we picked up the 70 109 last night. Trailered it home in heavy traffic. :( I thought at first that the water pump was clogged and everything needed cleaned or rebuilt. Now I'm thinking temp sender/sensor. It doesn't matter how cold the car is, when you turn the key on or start it, the temp gauge reads full hot. I have been looking at the parts list, but all senders are for 3.9+Liters. Do I have the wrong idea about this? :sly:

Jim-ME
12-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Does the fuel gauge read wacky too? If so it probably is the voltage stabilizer. I can't believe our hosts don't have a replacement sender. If they do not try Trevor at RovahFarm.
Jim

Terrys
12-24-2009, 02:46 PM
If it is readin full scale at any temp, you might have a short in the line from the sender to the gauge. If you do and that wire is grounding somewhere, it will do just what you're describing.
The sender for the V8 is not the same resistance range as that used on a series.

vansdonk
12-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately, I'm horrible with electric stuff. I can handle anything with fiberglass, graphite, steel, aluminum, welding, wood, etc. So, I will keep you posted on my progress. Fuel gauge works great so far. I'll look around and see what I find out.

siiirhd88
12-24-2009, 10:35 PM
RN lists the temp sender under part number RNC391:

http://roversnorth.com/store/p-1953-sender-temperature-gauge.aspx

Bob