PDA

View Full Version : Vibration between 22 to 30mph

freno
12-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Recently my rover has started to vibrate pretty bad between 22 to 30 mph. I have checked the outer bearings in the front end and they looked good, but the adjusting nut and locknut where loose. So, I tightened up the adjusting nut to 61nm and backed of 90deg and tightened to 4nm. Put the lock washer back on and tightened the locknut to 61nm. I did this to both sides. I still have vibration problems between 22 to 30mph. Not as bad as be for, but still have a great deal of vibration between 22 to 30mph. Any other suggestions? :confused:

94LWBROVER
12-27-2009, 06:55 AM
<P>Could be tires or perhaps your wheels are out of balance.&nbsp; If that's not the case, I would suspect something with the drive line.&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>To start, check the U-joints to make sure they are in good condition. You should also look to see if the weights on each drive shaft are still intact.&nbsp; are still intact on both drive shafts.&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I had a similar problem with my rover.&nbsp; It ended up that the front drive shaft was bent and out of alignment.&nbsp; Once I replaced with a used drive shaft from Coventry, the problem was resolved.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Best of luck.</P>

freno
02-09-2010, 07:14 PM
It was the U-joints in the rear end of the rover! Thank you.. Much help.:thumb-up: