PDA

View Full Version : a little help hauling please

scott
12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
have you guys been to pirate4x4.com? huge community. they got a classified section that has a hauling section where you can post needs or ability to move stuff.

right now i got a need and was hoping some here might have the ability.

i'm in no hurry, so if your planning on hauling anything through indianapolis towards albuquerque and have room for a 109 ambulance within the next six months give me a pm and maybe i can help ease a bit of your trip cost.

thanks

Rineheitzgabot
12-28-2009, 07:35 PM
PM sent...

rovertek
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
i posted earlier dont know what happened to it but ive used odyssey auto transport since 1990 ask for marvin 1-800-635-6526 they used to be called ozark.....

scott
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
it looks like i might be going w/ a commercial carrier. their quote seems really nice. cheaper than i could go fetch it myself. any of you guys heard of or dealt with AMERICAN AUTO RELOCATION PROFESSIONALS, INC. out of HAYNESVILLE, VA ?

scott
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
this is getting old. all of these freak'n commercial haulers quote low then when it comes contract time they say "oh, we're sorry, that was the quote for a sedan, blah blah" i freak'n tell 'em up front what this thing is, how much it weighs, it demensions, etc. and they ain't haulers they're brokers, they take your money and then stiff some poor independant truck owner/driver.

then there's bulletin boards where ya hook up with a real guy with a real truck and you make a deal and then ya get kind of pump'd cuz your going to findly get the thing home and he says "ow my insurance won't allow blah blah blah, which really means i got a better gig and so screw you and the deal we made cuz my word don't mean sh...

Rineheitzgabot
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
For the record, the person he is referring to above, is not me. :D

scott
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
For the record, the person he is referring to above, is not me. :D

yea it wasn't riney it was some dude named mark dixon out of lincoln, ne. he advertised room on his truck from lincoln to albuquerque and back on pirate4x4.com. he contacted me, said he'd go to lebanon, asked me how much i'd pay, i said $600, he said $700, i said give me a day to think about it, he says ok, next day i say ok he says then we got a deal i says yes, he's says he can pick it up about sunday have in albuquerque tues or weds, then he last night he e-mails me he can't and he removes his add from pirate4x4.com which leaves me to believe that he got a better offer after making the deal with me which pretty much says his word wasn't worth...

if the moderators here allowed curs'n i would but i hate that writing with special charaters in place of letter and that kind of stuff