PDA

View Full Version : My RR is trying to kill me!

GrFa
01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
It's true. Every time I drive the RR it does something to endanger my life. First it was the snow driving home from work on Thursday. She chewed up and spit out her alternator belt on 95, in the snow. Believe it or not I had a spare in the truck. However, all my tools were in my other car. A few tense moments slushing around (did I mention it was snowing) on the shoulder trying to get a belt on with a lug wrench and I was able to just drive her to a gas station.

Next on my way home from work yesterday she decided it would be fun, again in the snow, to jam the throttle open after passing someone. That was a tense few seconds of two foot maneuvering to maintain control and get her unstuck.

Finally, on my way to work this morning, in the snow again, she thought it would be fun to stall right as a traffic light turned green. I was first at the light, and the only one stopped with cars coming up from behind me. This was on RT1 which was packed snow at this point. A tense few moments til she roared back to life and a quick stab at the pedal to get her moving more quickly than usual.

Now this is funny, because before these few instances she performed absolutely flawlessly on a 600 mile two day trip over Christmas. It is a trend amongst my British cars. Her and my MGB take it out on me after I drive them any great distance. My MGB made it up and back to the British Invasion in Stowe (again 700 miles in two days) and then promptly blew up its clutch system, carburetor, and electrics a mile from my girlfriends parents house (the MGB sat there for more than a month and three trips back and forth working on her before I could coax her into making the trip home).

British cars are fun!