PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Restorations/Refurbishments of Working Rovers

Jeff Aronson
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
If you have recently refurbished or restored your Land Rover and put it into use as a working vehicle, we'd enjoy featuring your experience in The Rovers North News.

Lots of enthusiasts have rebuilt or restored their Land Rovers for off road use and/or expeditions, or for occasional use as a recreational vehicle. These experiences have become popular articles in the magazine. Now I'd like to hear from enthusiasts whose Land Rovers work for their owners, too. It doesn't matter what you do for work, but that you use your Rover in your work. I'm interested, also, if your Land Rover has made a new line of work possible for you.

PM me or email me (jrh@foxislands.net) directly with any questions. I'd be happy to work on an article with you.

Thanks,

Jeff Aronson
Editor, Rovers North News

rwollschlager
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I still owe you an article on a transmission rebuild. Truth is the one i rebuilt did not come out right, reverse still made noise (bad idler gear) and the casing split open in the summer :o. Over half way done with a good and proper rebuild and should have a write up soon enough :thumb-up:
-Rob

Jeff Aronson
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Rob, but remember, we learn from our mistakes, too; otherwise, I'd have little to write about in my column :).

Don't forget to include what you think you might have done wrong so others won't make the same error.

I look forward to seeing it.

Jeff

derekchace
01-05-2010, 06:48 AM
When I bought my Lightweight last year I had it redone as a Recce and it now Works every other weekend at my Airsoft field (like paintball). It really helps the business. We use it as a marketing tool, game prop, a way to get around the 130 acres of woodland, on field ambulance, troop transport, and loads of other thing. We love the Rover so much we are currently searching for another two 109 FFR to work with the Lightweight.

bmohan55
01-05-2010, 07:45 AM
More often than not, my Land Rover puts ME to work!