X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tsmith
    1st Gear
    • Jun 2009

Series II water pump rebuild

I have an old water pump in spares that I want to rebuild for my '60 SII. The host's site lists the rebuild kit for the IIA. Is it the same? It sure looks the same.

I assume the pump I have is an aftermarket casting because it has no locating bolt to secure the sleeve. The casting is rust-free and appears to be in good shape.

I know the Proline pump is only a bit more expensive than the rebuild kit, but I hate to throw stuff out if it can be fixed.

Tom Smith
    Tom Smith
    '60 88" driver
    '53 80" project
    '60 Morgan drver
    '60 Morgan project
    33 Farmall F12
  • czenkov
    1st Gear
    • Sep 2008

I think they are different as the timing chain cover is different as well. I think that is one of the differences between the II and the IIa. But I am no expert. Good luck.
    1960 88" SII Pliny the Elder
    1997 D-90
    "Fear profits man, nothing"

Comment

• Sputnicker
      1st Gear
      • May 2009

My 60 Series 2 has the hard-to-find 8-bolt pump that goes with the older style timing cover. The repair kit (bearing, seal impeller) works for both pumps, but the gasket will be for the 9-hole pump, so you will have to make one or use RTV.

Comment

• Jeff Aronson
        • Oct 2006

Give RN a call, as I know at one time they carried a Series II rebuild kit for those water pumps. Not everything they carry is yet on the web site.

Sputnicker has clearly rebuilt one recently enough, so the innards may be the same. I know the covers are different.

Jeff
        Jeff Aronson
        Vinalhaven, ME 04863
        '66 Series II-A SW 88"
        '66 Series II-A HT 88"
        '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
        '80 Triumph Spitfire
        '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
        http://www.landroverwriter.com

Comment

• LaneRover
          Overdrive
          • Oct 2006

Doesn't the rebuild kit just deal with some of the innards? Though they may be different on the outside it doesn't mean that it is different on the inside. I 2nd the suggestion to call RN and ask them directly.
          1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
          1965 109 SW - nearly running well
          1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
          1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• Tsmith
            1st Gear
            • Jun 2009

Thanks to all,

As you pointed out, the rebuild kit may work, but the pump castings are different, so I will have no use for it (I can't recall where it came from)....Does anyone want the casting? I was working in the warm warm barn and didn't go outside to check the cold cold car.

Tom Smith
            Tom Smith
            '60 88" driver
            '53 80" project
            '60 Morgan drver
            '60 Morgan project
            33 Farmall F12

Comment

Working...