PDA

View Full Version : Best way to find a decent Series Rover?

dawgvet
01-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Just wondering what the best way to go about finding a decent Series truck is? I've looked through the classifieds here and at www.landroverexchange.com (http://www.landroverexchange.com) but wonder where else I should turn? Anyone know of a decent IIA LHD driver in the Georgia vecinity?
Thanks
Jedidiah

leafsprung
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Best way is be willing to travel. Unlikely the truck you want will show up in your backyard

czenkov
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I got mine from Ike. :thumb-up: Keep looking and you will find a few but wait for just the right one. Shop, shop, then shop some more. Ike has nice west coast rust free Rovers. Call him, maybe he has one for sale.

LaneRover
01-12-2010, 06:46 AM
I agree with shop shop and shop. You can find one one town over or out in Nebraska, it just all depends.

There are times that I have found them through Rovers North's for sale pages, looking in local classified, asking at a Rover parts place in California, and my first by working on an estate in Maine where I just happened to ask if they had any old vehicles. I am not saying that they were all runners, FAR from it. But my brother found one in Maine that he got pretty cheap because it was listed in the wrong section!

Keep an eye out, join a club, ask questions and check the truck out before you buy it.

Good luck!!

lrdukdog
01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
You want to check with the Rover clubs websites, most all have "for sale" sections. This is a way to get a truck that the history of is known by club members.
Jim Wolf

bpj911
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I am in the process of buying a truck from Ike. It's not here yet but I have no doubt that the truck will be as described and he is great to work with. He has really gone out of his way to facilitate the process. I'd suggest picking up the phone and calling him. I don't think you could do better.

Les Parker
01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Ah, but does he run a BBS?

:rolleyes:

Eric W S
01-12-2010, 07:13 PM

No, but he doesn't compete with you guys directly either :rolleyes:

jac04
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM

He's probably too busy taking care of his customers.... :rolleyes:

scott
01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
You want to check with the Rover clubs websites, most all have "for sale" sections. This is a way to get a truck that the history of is known by club members.
Jim Wolf

i was going to suggest this as it's how i found mine. i bought it from just a few pic over the internet.

i'm happy

LaneRover
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually it finds you.

Kind of like a good dog.

bmohan55
01-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Actually it finds you.

Kind of like a good dog.

A dog that is not paper trained, judging from the stains on my driveway & garage.

Les Parker
01-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Bit of a cheap shot there, Jeff !

SCRover
01-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Dawgvet...I'm new to the Rover scene too and looking for a Series also...just Google "Land Rover Series for sale"...I've found several sites and message boards all over the US. One place close to home (I live in SC) is www.blueridgeroverworks.com in Asheville NC. North Georgia trout and Rovers must go together!! Look for me on NGTO...sctroutbum...happy hunting and of course...fishing!