PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for the backup lights?

crankin
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Is this where the backup lights come into play? If so...what color wire/wires go here? I don't think my new harness has this...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dcAzqvv_A6U/S1fQL9L5P9I/AAAAAAAAAzM/8hUzm8_vsMM/s800/IMG00072.jpg

TeriAnn
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes that is the reverse lamp switch. One side gets a solid green wire to switched 12V. Other side gets a green wire with brown stripe which goes to the cluster connections at the front of the rear harness (low right side bulkhead) then through the rear harness to the reverse lights.

Its scary that I didn't need to look the colours up.

crankin
01-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Done! This was by far the easiest thing that I have done on the rover yet! Thanks TeriAnn!

Leslie
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
LOL! No, TeriAnn, it just means you bleed green.....

That's the same switch that turns on my Hella reverse light..... works very well for seeing to back up.....

TeriAnn
01-23-2010, 10:38 AM
LOL! No, TeriAnn, it just means you bleed green.....

I'm not sure what you mean by bleeding green. Unless you mean hemorrhaging money. I've been doing a whole lot of that this last Month or so.

My dentist must be using my bank account to pay off his mortgage.

My Land Rover just got loaded down with presents, new water pump, new aluminum cylinder heads, new timing chain cover, new cam, new lifters, new timing chain & gears, new harmonic balancer and new push rods. The radiator has been shipped back to the manufacturer to be either rebuilt or replaced. There is a freshly built up hybrid NP-435 sitting in the back of my truck. It has a Ford case, Chevy gear set inside, Chevy top cover and a Ford F6000 output shaft. It, along with one of Timm Cooper's NP435 spud adapters will replace the T-18 currently in my truck. Also sitting around are new rear spring bushings and a fresh set of OME shocks.

And My TR3 is amassing a pile of presents as well. A rack & pinion steering conversion kit and new stronger front stub axles will be part of a complete steering rebuild. There is a new front engine plate ( current one is bent & leaks badly), water pump and aluminum radiator sitting here ready to be installed.

I'm hemorrhaging green alright! But hopefully it will be over soonish.

Now what did you mean?