PDA

View Full Version : Seats/Canvas

utahseries
01-21-2010, 01:46 PM
I understand that our host is an official distributor for exmoor trim.. Some questions about that...
1 Would they be able to get a set of elephanthide front seats for my 86"? What would be the cost?
2 My rover is the sand color, which color canvas is right for it? Also, how much would it be for the correct canvas+hoopkit?
Thanks

solihull109
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Before I would spend the money on Exmoor stuff, I'd find a local upholstery shop and go that route. The quality in the Exmoor stuff isn't there. I've installed about a dozen of these covers. Just my .02. This is also not a "dig" on our host, the options for recovering are limited.

Jeff Aronson
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I have an Exmoor top on my II-A, and it has fit and held up well. That said, some features - straps, quality of rope - are not as good as the original Land Rover top that I had previously.

I saw in the latest issue of the magazine that Exmoor now has elephant hide for sale, and that you can have cushions recovered.

I had Badger Engineering on Cape Cod, MA, recover and refurbish the seats on my '66; they look good and have held up well. It's the innards and the wood backings that make the difference on seats. Badger also makes a superb top to order; the craftsmanship is very impressive to see.

I'll have to look up the "color options" on tops for the different years; there were not that many to choose from, and of course, the color in the fabric fades over time. My Exmoor top was a dark sand color that has lightened up over the years.

Jeff

J.McKelvey
01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I have a Exmoor trim top on my 80". It's held up really well and I'm really happy with it.

I'm dreaming about someday getting one for my 88"

John