PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Series IIA LHD, 39,470 miles

JFB
01-24-2010, 08:41 AM
This vehicle appears in Rovers North News on page 38. For the online article see

http://www.roversnorth.com/news/index.php/2010/01/get-me-to-the-church-on-time/

This is a wonderful example of a certified original vehicle including the original plate number, with an old soft top and cosmetic refurbishment so it can be a comfortable daily driver.

New features include:
*Exterior re-spray
*4 near new radial tires
*Additional lights have been added to wings.
*Parabolic springs
*Hard top with rear door and Exmoor vinyl chain sleeves
*Exmoor moulded matting in front and Exmoor load area mat in rear.
*Exmoor deluxe front outer seats
*Front seat belts: Exmoor 514/30 (3 point retractable)
*Load area seats: Exmoor inward facing tip ups
*Load area seat belts: Exmoor 2220 (retractable lap belts)

lr110def
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Price, or did I miss it? beautiful truck

JFB
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I apologize for the late reply. Is weather an excuse? Over the past week we have had over 34 inches of snow in Northern Virginia.

We are asking 27,500

bpj911
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM
What does "certified" mean in the context of your ad?

JFB
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I submitted as much information as I could to the Heritage Motor Centre in England and they sent me a document. It verifies the basic story of the vehicle that I learned from the shop that did the cosmetic updating and which the shop owner wrote on a piece of cardboard and put in the vehicle.

You should be able to see it at the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434348@N07/4376954575/

I do not know how the previous owner was able to find the original license plate number and get the plates.

Mercedesrover
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
"Certified Original" except the non-original wings and the non-original color and no information about the engine or body numbers? Nice truck but the Certified Original thing is meaningless if not misleading in this case.

Rat Patrol
02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Man, I'm sorry your selling it. I just read the article in Rovers News....:eek:

graniterover
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Don't worry, at 27,500 he's just telling his wife he 'has it for sale'. ;-)

JFB
03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
"Certified Original" except the non-original wings and the non-original color and no information about the engine or body numbers? Nice truck but the Certified Original thing is meaningless if not misleading in this case.
You are right, the color is not original. That is made clear on the heritage certificate. We had it painted and I have a photo with the original color. The factory did not record the engine number and there isn't a body number. I am in the process of uncovering early service records to match the engine number.

The wings do appear to be original and you can see where the lights have been cut in.

Regardless, I had no intention of misleading anyone. I simply wanted to highlight the original miles. I will probably change the wording to avoid any confusion.

Terrys
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Jim, you missed the late 2A sills. I know you're a fan of them, but I hate it when people stick a headlight bucket into the front wing panel of an early 2A. If you want 4 headlights, buy the late 2A panel from RDS for $20 and save the original one.