PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Series III 88. Asking $8,500

Paul Rossmann
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Your basic solid Series Truck. Very straight. Over the years I have added 16” wheels (The present tires have less than 1000 mi), Fairey capstan (see avatar) winch, Weber 1 barrel carb, Petronix ignition, electric fan, rebuilt head & valves, clutch and clutch master cylinder, new axle seals, bearing races, Fairey overdrive, inertia shoulder seat belts, new Exmoor tall back seats (still have original seats as well), new dash top, leather steering wheel, 3/4” thick floormats (front and back), all new brake drums, shoes cylinders, and master cylinder, Hella headlights, Thule roof rack, new wiper motor, Hi-lift jack, and full soft top (weathered) with all the hoops, etc., custom front door interior panels. Engine does not leak or burn oil. Box of spares including NOS side marker lights as well as Defender side marker lights, spares for some hoses, gaskets, 2 spare axles. Repair manuals, etc...

Transmission linkage is sloppy, transfer case “weeps;” speedo cable is broken (I have a replacement), need to replace various light bulbs. She was repainted (light green) way before I got her, and would aesthetically benefit from new paint. Center seat cushions are split. Some minor rust in the foot well and rear cross member.

Located Charleston SC.(edited asking price) Asking $8,500. Paul: prossmann@bellsouth.net or (843)723-3213

Paul Rossmann
02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Curious why there is zero interest in this truck (other than one scammer email). Is it priced too high? Bad market? Wrong time of year? The description is very honest. Does it keep folks from inquiring if the negatives are stated?

Thanks.

TSR53
02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Your description and price seem reasonable. A picture is worth a 1,000 words. Post up some detailed photos and just keep giving this thread a bump, the new owner will find it soon.

PM me for details and help with photos if you need it.

Paul Rossmann
07-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Okay... I lowered the price, and added some photos. If anyone has any questions, please contact me. Thanks.

cscutt
07-17-2010, 02:47 PM
pray-tell, what is the new price?? any pictures of the underside and engine compartment.

cheers

dcwhybrew
07-17-2010, 10:59 PM
pray-tell, what is the new price?? any pictures of the underside and engine compartment.

cheers

8500 is his reduced price

Terrys
07-18-2010, 08:14 AM
How did it end up with a 2A Breakfast and grill? Also, never saw that tailboard before. Is it a cut down rear door? Looks like it swings instead off drops.

rwollschlager
07-19-2010, 09:18 AM
How did it end up with a 2A Breakfast and grill? Also, never saw that tailboard before. Is it a cut down rear door? Looks like it swings instead off drops.

looks like plywood that swings out

Drain Rovers2
07-25-2010, 09:41 PM
swings out but not plywood

ccec
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I think there was a kit you could get...:confused: something that was in between the stock gate for a cab truck and the full rear door of the safari top... You see a lot of bodgered gates like this in England.

--ccec