PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things going wrong

mduark
01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
My 93 RRC has some new problems.

I have tons of water in the driver side floor board. Tried the typical cleaning out of the drainage tubes for the sun roof via compressed air. The tubes seem clean. Where is the water coming from? The carpet has some rust staining and some standing water.

Secondly, the horns do not work. I previously replaced the original horns with Hella units years ago. I hooked the wires up to a multimeter and pressed the button. There were changes in the voltage, maybe not enough. Would this just be a simple replacement or are there other common things to check such as correct voltage?

Third, when my ABS pump kicks in the drivers side headlight dims. After is charges, the light returns to normal brightness. Any ideas? Have had some intermittent problems in the past with the pump but that seems to have settled itself somehow (not questioning it).

Thanks for any help,

Mark Douglas
1993 RRC LWB 194K

Ed*
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
has it been raining or snowing?

i had a leak in the firewall and another under the cowl that was getting tons of water in my floor boards

look up under the dash and see if you can see if there are traces of where water came down the sides (mine left streaks on the black paint that was pretty easy to find with a flashlight)