PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead Rebuild - SIIA

Crash
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
:confused:

After turning my garage into a rover workshop and adding a heating system I am slowly (very) getting my rebuild under way.

I purchased 2 footwell assemblies and the center bulkhead assembly from our hosts. Sounded like a great and "easy" way to replace the rot in the old bulkhead. In practice I am not finding this as easy as I first thought. After fiddling with the footwells I was able to get them more or less in position. When I tried the centre bulkhead things don't line up too well. I removed the parts and tried to dry fit them on the work bench and they really don't align well. For example the right footwell does not readily fit up to the flange on the centre bulkhead.

Anyone have direct experience with these products that can offer advice??? I can't see them going together without some creative trimming! Does anyone know of a good web site that shows these going in?

I am away till the weekend so any tips would be appreciated and then if I still at an impasse I will post some photos.

JC

leafsprung
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
The repair panels are not dimensionally the same as the originals. You will have to trim/fudge to make em work nicely. This may be of some help.

http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4x4/reference/howto/bulkheadrepair/index.htm