PDA

View Full Version : to flash or not to flash

73series88
02-04-2010, 07:49 AM
good morning,
put a new dizzy in the rover and it runs like a dream now.
thanks for all the help before.
i just getting the lights in order.
73 series 88
do i need to have the hazzard switch in the middle of the dash plugged in for my signals to work. going through flasher units and checking wires. but no juice
i put a 12 volt lead to the wires where the hazzard switch plugs in and the signals light up green and white on one side and green and red on the other.
just not sure if i need that switch plugged in to get the lights going
thanks
and everyone have a great day.
aaron

Firemanshort
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes - you have it corrrect. You need to have the 4 way switch wired in to make the turn signals work.

4 way switch in off position closes the power connection for the turn signal flasher. turn on the 4 way switch and it breaks the power connection for the turn signal flasher. This makes it so you cna not signal a turn and blink the 4 ways at the same time. I imagine that would confuse the seperate flasher elements.

73series88
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
awesome thanks so much:)
aaron

Andrew IIA
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes - you have it corrrect. You need to have the 4 way switch wired in to make the turn signals work.

4 way switch in off position closes the power connection for the turn signal flasher. turn on the 4 way switch and it breaks the power connection for the turn signal flasher. This makes it so you cna not signal a turn and blink the 4 ways at the same time. I imagine that would confuse the seperate flasher elements.

What a hassle !! :D