PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Series III 88 LHD Petrol 4 sale in Albany NY

Muggrat
02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
1974 Series III 88 LHD Petrol for sale, $6,500 firm. Galvanized chassis installed by Rovers North. Engine professionally rebuilt .030 over with “performance” cam. 2 barrel Weber carb, electronic ignition, new distributor, spin on oil filter, new battery, recent radiator replacement (have radiator muff not installed), lower hose heater (new not installed), recent fuel tank replacement, mechanical fuel pump rebuilt, fuel pressure gauge, defender tachometer (in divider where emergency flasher switch is). New master brake cylinder, wheel cylinders, pipes and hoses, recent drums and pads, rebuilt emergency brake, (stops great), replaced clutch slave cylinder. Free wheel hubs on fronts, recent swivel balls, bearings and seals, all wheel bearings, recent 16” steel wheels (4) with Goodyear Trac Edge tires (4), 15” spare rim only. Replaced springs, spring pads, and shocks in last 2000 miles. Recently replaced transmission with rebuilt military from Rover Down South, replaced clutch disc and throw-out bearing, Fairey overdrive. Rebuilt steering stabilizer, steering box, replaced steering column bearings. 8000# winch and defender recovery hoops on front horns. Body repaired by Rovers North. I never finished the body because I was always driving through the woods to get to remote fishing holes so the body needs some finishing if that’s your thing. (Marker lamps are mostly replaced with NAPA crap to pass inspection.), I replaced the breakfast. I have a spare rear door, windscreen frame, and front wing panels (without the sides)all in good shape. Door bottoms were repaired by Rovers North. Hella H4 headlamps, Hella “Comet 500” beams (not installed). Wiring harness is original and in good condition with the typical rats nest behind the dash. Interior is in good shape: a small rip in the passenger seat bottom, a small split in the dash and the headliner shows its 35 years, nice benches in the back, heavy duty Rovers North rubber mat for front floor and tunnel, inertia seat belts, and Defender side view mirrors (2). Window glass seals need replacing (have seals), door seals replaced and in great shape.
Needs alternator rebuilt (bearings have dried out), needs exhaust manifold gasket replaced( has blow by on one cylinder could just tighten?),needs rear right wheel bearing race replaced (leaks), and I think I got a mismatched pair of front springs (not perfectly level) which should be re-arched if not getting parabolics. Carburetor runs rich and should be rejetted (according to Weber..I’ve driven it for 15 years this way). The transmission shifter should be replaced as the “ball” in the bottom is worn and allows a lot of slop in shifting. I can have all these issues repaired for $500 but all of these could easily be done by someone with some time to spend.
I have owned this vehicle for the past 17 years and in that time frame I put on a total of 15,000 miles on it. The current odometer reading is 56,352 (though it could also be 156,352). I have more photos I can email if interested.

Spenser
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Muggrat-sent you a PM this morning with a couple of questions. Thanks

Muggrat
02-28-2010, 05:34 AM
SOLD