PDA

View Full Version : Switching to a Rochester carb.

Walker
02-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I am thinking/planning on switching my rebuilt 2.25 from a Weber 34 ICH that is giving me nothing but issues to a rebuilt Rochester. It has the correct jets for my location. The problem is that I live in the SSR of Calif. :D and my 72 S3 has the PCV system installed. The Roch. has no connection for the PCV but does have a very small (<1/16th) nipple for something else. Other than drilling the manifold ia there another solution/fix?

kevkon
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
The nipple on the carb is usually for the vacuum advance. You must have a vacuum port on your manifold for the brake booster, you may also have another port with a plug. You can also get a carb manifold spacer with a vacuum port.

JayGoss
02-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Once you've mulled over the options, if you're still leaning towards the Rochester I have a brand new, uninstalled one with an assortment of jets from BP sitting in the garage. I was thinking of installing it but was able to sort out some Solex issues. I haven't gotten around to posting it on the flea market, so PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Walker
02-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Dddeerrrrrrrr. Didn't even think of the vac.advance. Wouldn't the spacer require a longer bell crank arm? The manifold does have a port for the booster but nothing for the pcv syst. JayGoss, thanks for the offer but I have one recently rebuilt.