PDA

View Full Version : can't switch from high to low range...

bluerover
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
hello all. maybe someone can shed some light on my latest glitch. i cannot shift from high to low range as the shifter seems to be stuck in high. i have tried shifting it from a dead stop, and a slow roll, but nothing. looked around on the rave cd for any other instructions/tips, as well as this board and still nothing. anyone know if this could be a mechanical issue, or an electrical issue as i don't want to do damage to the actual shifter/trans by using brute force.

rovertek
02-09-2010, 07:01 AM
the shift mechenisim gets corroded and freezes up, its located under the console it needs to be unbolted, freed up, apply anti sieze,then re installed......

bluerover
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
thx! is it easier to get to from up top, or underneath?

bluerover
02-09-2010, 08:32 AM
uh, nevermind! i think i found the answer in one of the stickys posted here. thx for the advice.

SGFMORover
02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
if ya didn't conquer it yet gently wiggling, shifting to N , wiggling, kicking into D, wiggle N and mine will usually slowly move or suddenly free up... been too busy to tackle pullin the bugger apart... got it hung up in 4low diff locked in the snow the other day... took 15 minutes or so to get it freed up.... best to fix it up right but in a pinch you might be able to persuade it slowly and gently(ish).