PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

Pete
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I know I have seen many people having issues with fuel pumps, including myself. Have a feeling another one just died. If you've had the problem, what are you going with? Are you going with aftermarket without a fuel bowl or going genuine?

Pete

bmohan55
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM
the first thing I replaced 1.5 years ago on my "new" truck was my fuel pump with the Proline from our hosts. No problems with it, even though it had to put up with my decaying fuel lines for about 6 months.

BTW the old fuel bowl make a great shot glass at camp.

TedW
02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
That said, the ProLine pump is a great deal if the quality is there.

I put my original pump on my new engine, and have considered putting a new pump on - just to play it safe.

Terrys
02-10-2010, 09:55 AM
What the hell am I doing wrong? Since my first 2A in 1972, I've had almost 20 series trucks and have yet to loose a fuel pump. I did buy a genuine one from George when he had them for $35, butt it's still sitting in the box.

yorker
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
What the hell am I doing wrong? Since my first 2A in 1972, I've had almost 20 series trucks and have yet to loose a fuel pump. I did buy a genuine one from George when he had them for $35, butt it's still sitting in the box.

Maybe you have better fuel in CT? Either that or your pumps are old enough to be of good quality. There have been a rash of some crappy ones out there.

amcordo
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Put one of these in and it'll solve your problems.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMA93&P=FR

ignotus
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Not a slam on our hosts but the rebuild kit is available from other suppliers. It does not include the seal on the bottom of the diaphram shaft, this seal keeps oil from leaking thru. That being said I put a Proline diesel replacement pump on mine(no bowl) then rebuilt my old one and have it as a spare. Now when the Proline goes out I won't have to wait for a spare.

Wander
02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
The prior owner of mine put an electric pump on. I had a filter get clogged and went to check the bowl but couldn't find it anywhere! It then dawned on me what that thumping noise is when I turn the key. I'm putting a filter before the pump and before the carb (weber) to protect both.