X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete
    Low Range
    • Jan 2007

Fuel Pump

I know I have seen many people having issues with fuel pumps, including myself. Have a feeling another one just died. If you've had the problem, what are you going with? Are you going with aftermarket without a fuel bowl or going genuine?

Pete
  • bmohan55
    4th Gear
    • Sep 2008

the first thing I replaced 1.5 years ago on my "new" truck was my fuel pump with the Proline from our hosts. No problems with it, even though it had to put up with my decaying fuel lines for about 6 months.

BTW the old fuel bowl make a great shot glass at camp.
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Comment

• TedW
      5th Gear
      • Feb 2007

Can't they be rebuilt when they crap out?

That said, the ProLine pump is a great deal if the quality is there.

I put my original pump on my new engine, and have considered putting a new pump on - just to play it safe.

Comment

• Terrys
        Overdrive
        • May 2007

What the hell am I doing wrong? Since my first 2A in 1972, I've had almost 20 series trucks and have yet to loose a fuel pump. I did buy a genuine one from George when he had them for $35, butt it's still sitting in the box.

Comment

• yorker
          Overdrive
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Terrys
          What the hell am I doing wrong? Since my first 2A in 1972, I've had almost 20 series trucks and have yet to loose a fuel pump. I did buy a genuine one from George when he had them for $35, butt it's still sitting in the box.

Maybe you have better fuel in CT? Either that or your pumps are old enough to be of good quality. There have been a rash of some crappy ones out there.
          1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• amcordo
            5th Gear
            • Jun 2009

Put one of these in and it'll solve your problems.

Comment

• ignotus
              2nd Gear
              • Sep 2009

rebuild

Not a slam on our hosts but the rebuild kit is available from other suppliers. It does not include the seal on the bottom of the diaphram shaft, this seal keeps oil from leaking thru. That being said I put a Proline diesel replacement pump on mine(no bowl) then rebuilt my old one and have it as a spare. Now when the Proline goes out I won't have to wait for a spare.
              1960 "bitsa" 88--Ignotus
              1960 109, 200TDI
              rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wander
                2nd Gear
                • Jan 2010

The prior owner of mine put an electric pump on. I had a filter get clogged and went to check the bowl but couldn't find it anywhere! It then dawned on me what that thumping noise is when I turn the key. I'm putting a filter before the pump and before the carb (weber) to protect both.
                64 IIa 88
                94 Discovery
                06 Toyota 4R (DD)

~Matt
                --------------------------------------------
                "Not all who wander are lost"~Tolkein

Comment

Working...