PDA

View Full Version : Series rovers in Louisville KY?

masonater
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Just relocated to Louisville KY from MA, and brought my 1970 109 ex mod with me to work on in my spare time. Im in the middle of taking it apart down to the frame and was wondering if there are any other folks in the area with series vehicles? Ive seen a couple D90's but not a single series!

-Mason

dgaley
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
We are in Evansville, Indiana about two hours from louisville. At one time there was a rover club in the area and sponsored by land rover louisville, you might check with them. good luck 1974 series three 88

amcordo
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm up in Columbus - just under four hours away. So that makes the census stats something like one Series per ten million citizens in the midwest....

zknife
02-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm in southern Indiana about an hour from you. My '63 SIIA ex-mod is down to the frame right now too. Don't think I will be driving it for several years at this rate!!!

I was coming back from the Frazier History Museum, it's in Louisville, lots of arms and armour, and I passed a house in Clarksville, IN that had a very nice looking 109". No one was home though.

masonater
02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
That museum is awesome! I saw a D90 today in the home depot parking lot that had a lift, sliders, and a borla, so i figured id have a chat...i told him i was working on my 109 and he said whats a 109!! sad but he did have a nice rig. I'm shooting for having it back on the road by spring time. I want to take the frame outside and sandblast it but its too darn cold and the snow doesn't help.