PDA

View Full Version : New Haul'n Plan, what do you think?

scott
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
ok ya might have heard i'm having problems getting my latest obsession from indy to albuquerque. comercial haulers aren't haulers they're brokers who will screw you and the poor trucker, finding a trucker with integrity on the internet via bullentin boards has not been easy, so...

my wife has an LR3 and a brother who lives in Kansas City (half way point). I ask the wife if she wants to go visit her brother (she'll say yes and think i'm sweet to drive her there). when we get there i tell her i'm going to go get the bags out of her rove but instead i place the bags in my brother in law's driveway and take off. hidden in the back of her rove i have my tow bar and i go get the ambulance hook it up and drive back to KC. this'll take about a day and a half. She'll be freak'n pist and demand i take here home immeadiately. once out on the hwy and after being yelled at for a while i pullover and get out acting all mad myself and tell her i'll walk or hitch hike or get a bus home. and while she is moving to behind the wheel i sneak to the back of the ambulance and jump in. in there i'll have a lantern, sleeping bag, sudoku puzzle book and a bunch of beer and for the next 14 hours i just take naps and drink.

what do ya think?

amcordo
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty much in love with this plan and can't wait to get married just to implement a similar one of my own.... don't forget to get some Combos to munch on on the way back - they're travelling food.

ok ya might have heard i'm having problems getting my latest obsession from indy to albuquerque. comercial haulers aren't haulers they're brokers who will screw you and the poor trucker, finding a trucker with integrity on the internet via bullentin boards has not been easy, so...

my wife has an LR3 and a brother who lives in Kansas City (half way point). I ask the wife if she wants to go visit her brother (she'll say yes and think i'm sweet to drive her there). when we get there i tell her i'm going to go get the bags out of her rove but instead i place the bags in my brother in law's driveway and take off. hidden in the back of her rove i have my tow bar and i go get the ambulance hook it up and drive back to KC. this'll take about a day and a half. She'll be freak'n pist and demand i take here home immeadiately. once out on the hwy and after being yelled at for a while i pullover and get out acting all mad myself and tell her i'll walk or hitch hike or get a bus home. and while she is moving to behind the wheel i sneak to the back of the ambulance and jump in. in there i'll have a lantern, sleeping bag, sudoku puzzle book and a bunch of beer and for the next 14 hours i just take naps and drink.

what do ya think?

Wander
02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
One problem...if she's mad enough to pitch you from the LR3, she'll also cut the series loose because "there is no way she's going to haul that ugly piece of S%&T home!" (paraphasing)

I'd wait until it gets warmer because the odds are high you'll be camping in the back yard.

If you find a way to explain it all and get approval-or at least ignored long enough to dissapear- I can suggest the auto trailer that U-Haul rents. Just narrow enough for a Series and easy to tow. I rented mine in Monroe NC and dropped it here all for less than $100 with two days to do it.

scott
02-12-2010, 02:47 PM
One problem...if she's mad enough to pitch you from the LR3, she'll also cut the series loose because "there is no way she's going to haul that ugly piece of S%&T home!" (paraphasing)...

ahh, i've thought of this...going to padlock both the hitch and the towbar mounts.

amcordo
02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
ahh, i've thought of this...going to padlock both the hitch and the towbar mounts.

You may also want to make sure the locks on the ambulance work so you can make sure she doesn't come back to see if you're in there.

scott
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
You may also want to make sure the locks on the ambulance work so you can make sure she doesn't come back to see if you're in there.

good point, i was just going to rely on her being so mad that she just drives straight though so that she can hurry up and get home to set the 88 a fire

LaneRover
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
good point, i was just going to rely on her being so mad that she just drives straight though so that she can hurry up and get home to set the 88 a fire

Well at least you'd be warm at the end of the trip. . .

bpj911
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Guy I use. Honest, dependable, fair. Stephen Browning-706-982-9355.

bpj911
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
He's the actual driver so you are not calling a broker. It's his company. He's hauled 3 trucks and a skid steer for me. Tell him you were referred by Bryan in Nebraska.