PDA

View Full Version : 95 RRC Massive coolant leak--

rebesal
02-15-2010, 09:27 PM
My 1995 County LWB (205,000 miles) sprung a huge leak yesterday. Appears to be on right side rear of engine, vicintity of just above the starter. Don't have access to my factory manuals today. Can anyone tell me if there's a freeze / frost plug in this area, and how difficult it is to replace? Must the engine be removed to gain access? (I realize I haven't actually determined the real location--must go fetch the poor thing tomorrow and tow her home). Thanks, Bob

kevin-ct
02-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Yes, there is a freeze out plug there. If I remember you need to remove the starter and it's right there. Also the heater core hoses. Let's hope it the hoses

pvkd
02-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Where you able to fix the problem?

rebesal
02-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Darn competing interests! Just been researching. If it's warm and dry tomorrow, I'll crawl underneath while someone pours water into the system. Hopefully I'll find it right before I get a faceful....:)

kevin-ct
02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Darn competing interests! Just been researching. If it's warm and dry tomorrow, I'll crawl underneath while someone pours water into the system. Hopefully I'll find it right before I get a faceful....:)

Yep, Just keep your mouth open :eek: