PDA

View Full Version : 1965 109SW Turbodiesel FS

SimonHarding
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
17,500. Firm. Taken down to rolling chassis and rebuilt. Cummins 6at turbodiesel non intercooled. Custom dual pass radiator Large fuel filter with water separator. NV4500 five speed. Rover high ratio T case. Arb locked Sailsbury diff, reinforced rover front unlocked axle. Perfect circle locking hubs. T Cooper front disks. have hubs for rear disk conversion. Parabolic springs with custom front helper. ARB OBA. Galvanized I Goss Sliders and front bumper with unused 12k Warn winch. Galvanized middle door frames, T pieces and bulkhead. Hi lift jack rack. Wide offset rims with new (80% or so) BFG MTs. Original rover rims included. Brownchurch rack. Nondished 109 style hood and frame included, not fitted. Has 88 style hood on it. Tuffy box and rear speaker boxes. CB and radio/CD player. Tinytach tachometer. Full Isspro gauges. Fuel tank drips a little. T case drips a little. Body fit is rough. Has dents. Cloth seats (brown tweed pattern). Lots of extras including all recovery gear (straps, US made shackles, jack adapter for slider jack points, Hi Lift) included. Reason for sale: Lost interest. Will have current picts available soon. No time wasters please. No trades.

sjharding@schulte-law.com

kevin-ct
02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Please let everyone know where the truck is.

Photos also

graniterover
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Amazing truck. I think it's in Portland OR?

If someone wants to buy this in New England, I will drive it cross country for you. ;-)

I've kept the links to these photos. Just always loved this truck for some reason. Thought I'd wake up some day and it would be in my driveway, but now someone else is going to get it...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=254029&stc=1&d=1152748891

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=254030&stc=1&d=1152749075

kevin-ct
02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Yep Nice truck.

Maybe I should sell both of my 88" and buy this one. :D

graniterover
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Kevin,

Why don't you buy one of mine and I'll buy this. I promise to let you drive it.

Mark

kevin-ct
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Sure, But I need to sell one of my trucks first.

Mark, What do you have for sale?

Kevin

SimonHarding
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
It is indeed in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for posting the picts. I have lost the link to the picts so Granite if you could post up or email me the link, I'd be grateful. I have and will continue to be insanely busy with work and family obligations so posting picts may be a bit of a challenge. The truck is unchanged from when those picts were taken. it has seen very very few miles since and has not been wheeled since. I drive it at least once every couple of weeks to keep things moving and lubed. It is kept garaged and dry all year round.

In response to one rather rude inquiry, the air intake is through the hood to a RRC air cleaner. The plan such as it was, was to connect a snorkel eventually. There was also a plan to fit the correct hood and run the air intake out the side, but finding a workable location for the aircleaner and the air intake plumbing routing presents challenges.

I am very torn about selling. My kids will likely never forgive me.

But my back and my lack of interest in using the truck motivate me to sell. I've moved on to other things, and need the garage space.

(edit: The wipers have been corrected)
Simon

graniterover
02-18-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=254029&stc=1&d=1152748891

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=254030&stc=1&d=1152749075

Simon - does the truck have power steering? I thought it did. Is the frame galvanized? I really shouldn't be asking questions. ;-)

Kevin, I don't really want to sell anything. That might change as most of our summer weekends are already planned and my rover time evaporates.

SimonHarding
02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes it has power steering - Scout Saginaw box, profesionally rebuilt and frame rail reinforced with plates where attached. Single finger steering. Canned ham power steering pump.

Frame is not galvanized. I bought this rover in 2000 from a guy who brought it over from England when he left the USAF and it is on what I have been told is an SIII frame. It is rust free. WHen I had the body off I painted all the inaccesible parts of the frame with rustoleum gloss black.

Also meant to say it has 3 inch exhaust and a stainless Aero muffler.

Rear diff has a bolt on cast Rear diff cover (I think I still have the original stamped thin steel one) and a sewer cap front diff cover welded on.

There's way too much into this truck to convey here.

Simon

kevin-ct
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Can you post a photo of the engine?