PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal Roof Rack on a Series

crankin
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Does anyone have any pics of a hannibal rack on a series? Preferably an 88. I am thinking about it and wanted to see what it looked like...

Also,
I am seeing some hannibal racks coming up for sell here and there... but they are not for series. Will the racks from mercs, jeeps, discos, etc... be the same and just switch out the hardware?
The measurements for the D90's and teh Disco's are the same...just wondering.

Momo
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Clint, Hannibal makes rack for Defenders, so those should fit. Call Hannibal USA and see if racks for other makes could be adapted; it may be just a matter of getting the proper legs/gutter clamps.

I've been looking for a rack for my 109 SW. The shipping cost for a new rack makes me shiver so I've been on the hunt for a second hand Brownchurch rack within reasonable driving distance. No luck finding one so far.

I may just get one fabricated instead (in aluminum)... I found out that for the price of a new galvanized steel Brownchurch or an aluminum Hannibal, I could get a rack made locally by a very good fabrication guy. I saw one of his custom aluminum pipe racks on a Toyota pickup at Home Depot- it was a work of art- and the Toyota owner gave me the guy's phone number. Maybe someone in your area could do the same? You will probably be paying the same but you could get custom touches built to your specs.

I reeaally need to learn how to weld!!

crankin
02-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about learning to weld. I have spent that last two hours looking at custom racks and fab’ing them up (slow day here at the office).

I called Hannibal and the guy there wasn't sure about and said that the NAS D90 racks might work but they are shorter. He said he would call South Africa on Monday to see what they thought. He also mentioned that it might be a special order from South Africa! Boy, oh boy, just think of the cost of that!

brucejohn
02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Exactly why I picked up my mig. Now if I could just get good enough to want to show off my welds =/

amcordo
02-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Clint you're doing it wrong. Concentrate on wearing out your right side leaf springs first, then look into accessories.

REDrum
01-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I called Hannibal and the guy there wasn't sure about and said that the NAS D90 racks might work but they are shorter. He said he would call South Africa on Monday to see what they thought

What ever hapend with this? Would/could a D90 rack work on a Series 88?

leafsprung
01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
hannibal feet are too short to work with tropical sun sheets. Otherwise it will work. I have a hannibal rack and tent. Somtimes I use it on my 57 pickup other times on the sankey. I have tested it on the 88/109 roofs though.

-Ike