PDA

View Full Version : Three Amigos AGAIN! HELP!

redroverII
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
For the second time within a year a have the Three Amigos. I purchased my 2000 Discovery brand new and it has been a love/hate relationship. I love it, it hates me.

The last time this occurred...I left the dealer do the repair. There diagnoses was of course a $1000.00 wheel sensor hub. (I had the three amigos once before, the dealer reset it and didn't make a repair...it stayed away for months...when it reappeared the code pinpointed a different wheel sensor...IMAGINE!)

SO, this makes me wonder if the expensive fix is necessary.

I read the code with my neighbors OBDII scanner and the code is P1590.
It would not reset. (This was a very cheap scanner). The abs seems to be working, but maybe not like it should. Hill decent and traction control are questionable.

I have read lots of suggestions on internet. I am mechanically inclined so I am not afraid to try any suggestions.

PLEASE HELP! What do you think?

BackInA88
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
This is the best investment I have made on my LR.
It's paid for itself a couple times over all ready.:thumb-up:

ABS Amigo (http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=55)

Steve

redroverII
02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I looked at these....will this reader reset the lights? I have read at times three amigos may just need reset and go away. Mine came on during a slush storm.

What other readers reset the lights? This one seems very good, but expensive for my taste.

I found some real fancy ones on ebay...but unsure what will reset lights and help more so in the troubleshooting process.

BackInA88
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes it will reset the fault codes.
Than you plug it into your computer with a usb cable, open the text file and it will tell you the code along with a brief description.
Any other reader is going to be at least twice as much but most will do more.
But these a usually locked to one VIN Number, meaning you can only use it on one vehicle.

Steve