PDA

View Full Version : Air portable in Brunswick, ME

tmckeon88
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I was driving down Maine Street in Brunswick, Maine today at about 8:30 AM and saw an airportable ( lightweight, in other words) parked on the street. It was painted MOD green and had a temporary license plate on it, as well as a dog in the left front seat. Does anyone know whose that is? (I'm assuming it didn't belong to the dog, or that he probably doesn't read the forums. At least not very quickly.) We seldom see lightweights on the road in these parts.

Anyone know?

Tom

msggunny
02-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I was driving down Maine Street in Brunswick, Maine today at about 8:30 AM and saw an airportable ( lightweight, in other words) parked on the street. It was painted MOD green and had a temporary license plate on it, as well as a dog in the left front seat. Does anyone know whose that is? (I'm assuming it didn't belong to the dog, or that he probably doesn't read the forums. At least not very quickly.) We seldom see lightweights on the road in these parts.

Anyone know?

Tom

Havent seen it, but i will keep an eye out for it!

rwollschlager
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
This guy is/was over on snhlr.org/forums but havent heard from him in a while. Look familiar? You might have to log in or create a screename to view his profile though: http://www.snhlr.org/forums/member.php?159-CYD78

RHD lightweight, dark green, pickup cab, lights on roof,

-Rob

McQ01
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Havent seen it either, but Im gonna be looking now...either of you Brunswickians have an adapter for a weber to solex carb conversion by any chance???
Solex- from the Latin, for "sprays fuel directly onto the manifold,instead of into it."

Jim-ME
03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Try Matt Browne at Overland Engineering. He has my old petrol lump which had a Weber and might be willing to sell parts off it.
Jim

McQ01
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Try Matt Browne at Overland Engineering. He has my old petrol lump which had a Weber and might be willing to sell parts off it.
Jim
Thanks Jim- I just called n left a message....