X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G.G. Sprock
    Low Range
    • Aug 2008

SIIA Lubrication Charts

By any chance does anyone know where to find a diagram with all the lube points for a SIIA SW?
  • JackIIA
    5th Gear
    • Dec 2008

Yes. There is a great little diagram in the Haynes manual (pages 12-13). It includes a diagram of the truck, complete with numbered lubricant points, and then a listing of the correct fluids for each. I don't have a scanner though. Maybe someone else (who does) can pull their manual and post it?

For reference, full title is Haynes Land Rover Series II, IIA & III Owners Workshop Manual (1958 - 1984).
    1970 88 IIA

Comment

• RoverForm
      3rd Gear
      • Jul 2010

what brands are people using for lubrication in the engine, gear box and the hydraulic reservoir?

also, the GB recs using either 10w/40 or 20w/30 for the engine, i either see 10w/30 10w/40 or 20w/50. who makes 20w/30?!

and would using 85w gear oil as opposed to 90w make a huge difference for the gearbox and diffs?

has anyone used this?

Comment

• bkreutz
        4th Gear
        • Apr 2010

Redline is good stuff, but considering the way mine leaks I can't bring myself to put something that expensive in it only to have it leak out onto the ground.
        Gale Breitkreutz
        '03 Disco
        '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
        '47 CJ2A

Comment

Working...