PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Wipers

crankin
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
My progress on the rebuild is now installing the wiper arms. I clearly remember them meeting in the middle and waving outwards...in sync. And I remember that when the wiper switch is back in the park position both blades are in the middle.

Well, now, it seems that they are out of sync and working away from each other. The passenger moves to the left when the driver’s moves to the left. Makes sense? When in the park postion the drivers blade is in the middle and the passenger’s is to the far right of the windscreen. What would case this?

Would this be where I need to adjust the splines?

greenmeanie
02-23-2010, 12:02 AM
If you had the entire system apart I'll bet you've installed the passenger wheel box the wrong way round. Having the drive cable run the wrong side of the wheel( i.e. over the top or over the bottom) has the effect you describe. The passenger side wheel box and guide tube should be installed upside down compared to the drivers side.

crankin
02-23-2010, 08:16 AM
That would make sense. I think you won that bet.

NickDawson
02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Mine got out of sync when one was frozen to the windscreen - I was able to reset it by simply moving it back into proper place. Sounds like Greenmean is on track.
Let us know what you find out.